Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markaren1

First attempt to configure a MicroLogix1000

4 posts in this topic

Help needed with first AB PLC program Hi All, I am struggling to get a first piece of code running on a 1761. All I initially want to do is copy Input 0 to Output 0. Comms between PC and PLC is via an RS232 cable. I have installed RSLinx V1.7, configured an RS232 DF1 device using auto configure. Running SuperWho indicates two boxes "STA0, DF1-COM1" talking to "STA1 UNTITLED" with the latter blinking. If I disconnect the RS232 cable, the animation stops blinking. Sounds like PLC and RSLinx are communicating. After installing RSLogix Micro Starter... File -> New -> Bul.1761 MicroLogix1000 using AB_DF1-1 driver Select LAD2 MAIN_PROG, Insert a new rung before END Drag Examine If Closed to left of new rung, double clcik on it and set to I0:0/0 Drag Output Energise to right of new rung, double click on it and set to O0:0/0 Edit->Verify Porject (1761-micro appears below the two inserted instructions) File->Save As -> bitcopy.rss (processor name UNTITLED) Comms->Download At this point the message "No response from processor at selected Path/Node!" I have tried this with two different 1761 units. both units appear to behave the same. Pointers what I am doing wrong will be most appreciated. Thanks, Mark

RSLogix 500 needs to be told which RSLinx driver and which node to communicate with when you select Comms -> Download. This is called the "project path", and it is shown right under the Online/Edits/Forces indicator. Mine right now reads "Driver: AB_DF1-1 Node: 1d". To configure that project path, select Comms -> System Comms and use the RSWho window that comes up to browse to the driver and the controller. There will be a little checkbox in the lower right corner of this window marked "Apply to Project". If that checkbox is unchecked, the path selection is used for the current action only. If you check that box, the project path is saved and will be used next time you select Comms -> System Comms or simply Comms -> Download. An aside; RSLinx 1.7 is over ten years out of date. It might work, but don't spend too much time troubleshooting it if it doesn't. You might have downloaded it from a legacy software repository somewhere or you might be running it on Windows 95 or 98, I suppose. RSLinx Lite can be obtained from the normal RA software updates website http://support.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates at no charge; the current release is version 2.56.
1 person likes this

Many thanks. I ended up uninstalling everything then installing http://files.rockwellautomation.com/Public...roLite_Linx.zip (134+ MB) Unfortunately the package available on MrPLC (33MB) does not have the bundled RSLinx drivers, and that was what appeared to be the issue. Regards, Mark