Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kandanews

ML 1400 Modbus to PowerFlex 4M

4 posts in this topic

Evening all, Can someone please tell me (i know the manuals say it is possible), if MicroLogix 1400 PLC will communicate thru 1763-NC01 cable to a PowerFlex 4M drive? I have been reading manuals on modbus, pf4m, ml1400 for weeks. everything is there for it to work, but the manuals say "if the device supports these modbus functions, it SHOULD work".. :):):) thank you, Ken ps. oh, and if so..... what the heck am i doing wrong?? ( and i got the only knowledgebase item i can find (handshake is not enabled) ) and i will gladly provide many, many more details if this is a possible thing to do.

Yes, it is definitely possible to control a PowerFlex 4M via Modbus RTU on an RS485 link using a 1763-NC01 cable and a MicroLogix 1400 controller. This is one of the applications on the "Connected Components" DVD. Have a look at the wiring diagrams and example code for the "Simple Speed Control" application: http://www.rockwellautomation.com/componen...ted/blocks.html That application shows the MicroLogix 1100, but the Modbus functions of the 1100 and 1400 are identical.

Thank you very much Ken. Confirmation that it works is what I needed. I now know that I have a physical problem to look for. I will let you know how it works out. I am sure that i have a problem with the cable connected to the drive. Ken

Thanks everyone for your assistance on this thread. the display works nicely. I had a wiring issue at the connection from the drive to the allen bradley cable. Ken.