Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carples

MX components and FX3U

9 posts in this topic

Hello People What is the version of MX components required to run with an FX3U PLC via serial My current version does not have FX3U as an option

3.12 or 3.13

funfrok, why would you recommend using an older PLC? There are so many reasons FX3U is better than FX2N, I would never recommend someone downgrade.

I'll answer for him funfrok meant to choice FX2N instead of FX3U in connection's setup for MX Components. Although I think that such change is not equivalent, because the version of PLC transferred and checked by protocol.

MX Component 3.13 includes FX3U choice. FX3U driver is the same with FX2N only in theory. In practice i changed an old FX2N with FX3U, i had no com error, but i had no alarms transfer from PLC to HMI. Then i had to update HMI serial driver and my system was fine. Good luck

Using a driver made for FX2N to communicate to an FX3U should not be a big issue, but you have more D registers and you have the new file registers. You won't be able to access these new addresses with an old driver.

Thank you guys Using the FX2N drive works correctly.