Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr JJ

Analog Examples

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I never used an analog I/O card in any project I.,ve done, but now I going to use an 1762-IF4 9 (4 -20ma). Im looking for examples of prgramming the 1762-IF4. I will be using a Keyence Ultrasonic sensor analong output. I like to play with it and learn but I'll be doing this on site. So if anyone can direct me to a turtorial or example program for the RSlogix 500 i would greatly appricate it. Thank you in advance for your help Mr JJ

What processor are you using? Is the card already installed? If so can you post your .RSS file here. What does the Ultrasonic measure? What does its 4-20ma represent ( engineering units)

Using the ML1200 1762-L24BWA PLC, Dont have any of the hardware yet, just trying to beat the learning curve The sensor measures liquid height ( small S/S tank ) Hopefully measures low high points to start/stop a pump and when tank is empty, turn on an alarm. Engineering Units all i know is its an analog signal putting out 4 -20ma. I dont have any ladder logic as of yet. Im just looking for a turtorial or examples how its done. Correct me if Im wrong , I would assume there all program basically the same? Thank you

No. See .RSS file below for an example program for your analog card. Card is setup for a 4-20ma input and scaled for PID data format. I also scaled to raw input to 0-100% for human viewing using the "SCP" instruction. You can view the setup under I/O configuration. also see PDF below for different data formats if desired. And a link to the manual. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...in012_-en-p.pdf TestAnalog.RSS 1762IF4DataFormat.pdf Edited by Mickey

Thank you Mickey Just looking at the .RSS you sent me, looks very simple. Thanks again for your help...MrJJ

Mickey, I dont have a need for it now, but can I use the same instruction (SCP) for a analog output (1762-IF20F2) ? Mr JJ