Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmalter

Engraving Machine Recommendation

6 posts in this topic

We are looking for a recommendation for a label engraver for our panel shop. We've always gone out to some suppliers for this service but have a large panel project that requires thousands of labels and we know it will be cheaper and more flexible for us to make them ourselves. I saw a Roland EGX-350 recently at a trade show and it looked good. Does anyone have experience with this unit or company? I look forward to your reply. Joe Malter PSI Control Systems

We use the Gravograph IS400 to engrave our stainless steel name plates No trouble with the machine and it is used everyday. At least 6 years old. Good tech support also. http://www.gravograph.com/usa/engraving-machines/IS400.php http://www.gravograph.com/usa/engraving-ma...es/Overview.php

Thanks for the input. Someone else recommended the GravoTech M40. All our tags are plastic. I'm looking for something that can engrave a sheet of labels like a spreadsheet that we would break a part into individual labels. Can the unit you recommend do that?

We have a Roland that gets used every day without any issues. I don't know the exact unit but I am going to guess it is 6-8 years old. Also, if you like I can tell you were we get our plastic from if that would help. Edited by Bob O

We are also interested in an engraving machine. Do any of these interface to AutoCAD? We show the tags in our drawings and see no need to type things in again for tags.

Dogleg43, I don't know if the Roland software or machine will interface with AutoCAD. I would suggest you contact the machine OEM for that question.