Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forqnc

Another UIC-1747 communication question

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have searched and read on here and PLCtalk.net but cannot find the problem I am having. I am having problems with communicating using the 1747-UIC USB(DF1) adapter. If I install the driver, set all the driver parameters I can connect OK. When I am done I shut down RSlinx, and close RS 500. I then remove the USB cable. If I then re-connect the cable and open up the software when I try to connect it appears to connect, but then the Ladder window has a line across the top, almost as if I am seeing two windows on top of each other, then I get the message cannot connect re-try or go offline. To get connected I need to remove the UIC driver from windows re-boot and re-load the driver. Having read various sites I decided to upgrade RSlinx, currently I am running 2.50, I am trying to get 2.54. Unfortunately when I get to the page for registered user name and serial key, I have the key, but no-one remembers who the registered user is. Is there a copy of RSlinx 2.54 anywhere else. I have not been able allow time to call Rockwell and talk to someone, I have sent and email, and I am waiting for a reply. Hoping someone else has experienced this and knows a fix.

Try to download RSLinxLite. If you are using a premium RSLinx (OEM, Gateway, etc.), I believe the LinxLite download will work and your installed license will unlock the features you use. LinkLite does not require a serial number to download, they just ask your name to keep track in their database. I have run into this before and found the issue to be related to the Operating System in that WindowsXP wanted to use a different IRQ (interrupt) everytime a USB device is installed. There is a way to force the IRQ for your UIC converter so that the operating system and RSLinx always expect the same IRQ.

Thanks for the quick response Kaiser_will I go try what you have suggested and also show the IT guy about the IRQ issue, to see if he can help.

I have had the same problem except I find that if I change ports in the driver and accept. then change it back to the port I am using it works again.

Update, I downloaded RSLinx lite ver 2.56, installed it (it never asked for a serial number) and everything seems OK at the moment. Extra infomation I am running XP service pack 2. Thanks again Kaiser_will