Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noxcuses

Unitronics Opinions?

4 posts in this topic

I'm new to the Unitronics line of HMI/PLC's and wondering if anyone has any long term experience??? The plant that I recently started working in has several of these around and I've already had to replace an I/O board and a complete unit. I have to make a decision on using these on a new project and wondering what experience others have had?? http://www.unitronics.com/Series.aspx?Page=Vision570 Edited by noxcuses

Hi Im work with UNITRONICS OPLC 4 years ago, with M90 and VISION 280, with out problems!. is a good equipment, easy to program ( with a lot of tools). If you ve already had to replace an I/O board and a complete unit. check the lnstalation and electrics proteccions. in order to if the OPLC was correct conected and installed, you dont have a futhers problems. CHECK : The instalations manuals. PD-: If you have any other cuestions, i can help you. i got lot of experience with this plc too PD: Sorry my english is not the best. Att: ALEXANDER GALINDO A agalindo@post.com

I've used their small JAZZ PLC units in several systems and have had good luck with them. Overall, they were fairly easy to wire and program. The software isn't complicated and have not had any problems with the units I have out in customer's plants.
1 person likes this

I too am looking at the features of these with built in PLC's and free software, I can see more opportunities for projects getting done versus trying to use the same budget and buying only AB stuff. Like you, my biggest concern is reliability. They are sold through respectable distributors in my area so I am assuming they might be?