Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abright52

FTView ME 5.1 - Restore from .MER

6 posts in this topic

Ever since we upgraded to FactoryTalk View ME version 5.10.00, we have had a problem with the Parameter files. The first problem affects all Parameter files. The order of the parameters change. When the .mer was created, the parameter order was 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...... When the parameter file is restored, the order becomes 4, 10, 5, 11, 6, 12, 7, 13, 8, 14, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18, 1, 2, 3. The second problem seems to affect a few random parameter files. The contents are either Partial Deleted: Or the contents are completed deleted, except for a single equals sign: We did not have this problem in v5.0. We have contacted Rockwell Tech Support, but they deny that there is a problem. They say that it is an issue with our computer, even though we have four separate PCs that experience the same issue (Every PC that v5.1 is installed on). We can restore from .apa files without issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? Edited by abright52

I use version 5.1 and recently upgraded a file from version 5.0 to 5.1 and have not had this issue. All my parameter files are ok with no issues. Sorry, I cannot give you any more input than that.

I have upgraded a 5.0 to 5.1 without issues also but I think the OP is restoring from a .mer file and this is where the issues are coming from. I have never done that so I can't say one way or another.

Correct. I see this problem after restoring a runtime application (.mer) using Application Manager. Would anyone be able to try this for me? It worked fine in v5.0.

abright52 - Can you PM me your case number? Our Commercial Engineering team would like to further investigate this anomaly. We may also request that you send us your MER file if it isn't already attached to the case. Thanks.