Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lostcontrol

NS Versions ?

2 posts in this topic

Hi, From the web server manuals that I have, I have the following part no's listed: Now, I could be asking the most simple of questions, but I am assuming that all the V2 models support the ftp function as well as the Web Server function? So if I had a NS5 with compact flash, I could configure data-logs, and retrieve the files via the web browser of ftp function? We are thinking about automating the ftp function, as this would just make the application for transparent. Any thoughts/extra options/comments?

LostControl All the NS V2 products support the Web Server and FTP functions, with the exception of the Web Server on the NSJ. NSJ will not do the Web Server, but it will do FTP. NS V1 will support FTP server, but not Web Server. Not all FTP clients play well with the NS FTP server, but many do. I have a free FTP client that works very well with the NS if you need it. The OS used on the NS does not support all FTP functions, which is the reason that not all FTP clients will work. Automating the process should work just fine.