Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Micrologix 1400 Delivery Problems

30 posts in this topic

You may want to check into softplc.com. The design team there was involved in the PLC-5 and cloned the same kind of programming interface. It works with AB's hardware, the PLC and it's version of local IO is considerably less expensive, and you can even extend the code directly with Java, making PLC/PC interfacing trivially easy. One of the other neat features is that since the underlying OS is open (it's Linux), you can load documentation for the entire system into the onboard file system/web interface.

Out of the blue, both of my back ordered ML1400's showed up yesterday, I was last told six more weeks, yeah! Called local rep. and was told all issues will be resolved by the end of April. The rest of teh year is looking a lot better now.

Glad you got yours Ken, but I didn't get such a vote of confidence from my rep yesterday on everything being back to normal by April...or June...or perhaps even November. Is anyone else having trouble getting expansion modules for the Micrologix now? Particularly I'm having trouble getting 1762-IF4s

I know this thread has been out for a little while, TW I haven't had any trouble getting any of the modules, The only thing I haven't been able to get is a MicroLogix 1500 Base, in any configuration (AWA, BXB, BWA...) If any of you are still looking for a 1400 I do have one on the shelf in a factory sealed box, I can sell if you really need it.

AB has their own micro-economy with distributor stock and demand reporting, and their own stock. Even Ebay affects their mico-economy a little. An interesting thought too is, if AB controls (pun intended) their own mico-economy, they could take advantage of this situation by pushing Ethernet capable controlLogix/compactLogix, etc series.