Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arun Opto 22

Deleting Device from RSLinx

7 posts in this topic

I'm sure this is a common question, but I did a (quick) search on the Forum but didn't find anything. In my RSLogix5000, in the Communications "Project Path", I have IP Address/Devices listed that are years old and long gone, but I see no way to delete them from my list of Project Paths. I imagine this/RSWho pulls from RSLinx, and I didn't see a way there either. Not a big deal, but if someone knows how to delete, please let me know.

Arun I "think" you can right click and select remove or delete from the list. I am at home so it will be monday until I look at it for you.

RSWho, which is a seperate application that "remembers" any and all past connections, runs inside of RSLinx. A red X through a connection indicates that RSLinx RSWho cannot find it. If you right click on the offending connection, and select "remove", you can send it permanently to the ozone. At your service: The PLCProfesser Edited by Gator

Ummmmm, the original question has nothing to do with Linx. He is asking about Logix5000. I know of no way to remove the list (or any portion of it) from Logix5000, but intend to "play" with it soon to try to figure it out. Bill

Close RSLogix first Then in RSLinx go to RSWho Uncheck Autobrowse Click on top item in tree (ie:Workstation) Go to Communications/Configure Drivers Modify the driver to remove the missing device In RSWho, right click on the missing device and select remove Now you should be able to autobrowse again. If you leave Autobrowse checked, sometimes the device will reappear in the Driver configuration. Once in a while I have had to repeat the top procedure. RSLinx seems very stubborn about getting rid of old devices Don't forget to backup your config when you are done. Now reopen RSLogix and that device should be gone.

Thanks All. Sorry for taking so long to check responses (have been swamped). Also, I apologize for not really understanding the relationship between RSLogix5000, RSLinx, and RSWho...and thus my question was a little vague. Ultimately, my goal is to remove from showing up in RSLogix. It looks like the post from "newpageboba" has some steps that I'll try. Glad to see that it wasn't a "dumb" Q in that the solution is nothing obvious. Will let you know how it goes.

The more I think about it. I think that all apps that use RSLinx need to be closed when you remove/delete the device. Somehow it likes to hold and add stuff on its own. I have removed devices before only to have them magically reappear and then find I left autobrowse checked or left RSLogix open. Good Luck. Edited by newpageboba