Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

GOT1000

15 posts in this topic

Hi Ive just started working with a GOT1000 for interface with an FX1n_40mr. After a while playing with it,it seems that there is no scaling feature for the information in the PLC registers. If I have a 4-20mA value relating to a level of 0 - 3 meters. Do I need to now set up the scaling in the PLC. Is there a feature in the GOT where I can enter the engineering and display values...? Justin

I have never hear of GOT100 but as a work around, can you do the scaling in the PLC?

hi i think you can do the scaling via the field property and adjust the gain

Ok figured it out. Its in the data operation section of the numerical display feature. You can enter a value that you wish to multiply or divide the variable by to get your display value. Justin

GOT1000 is a Mitsubishi product, and you may get more responses in the Mitsubishi forum in the future. The Data Operation tab is where all scaling can be done. For numeric display, you can scale the display. For numeric input, scaling can be set differently on the input and display sides.

Further to the original question. Is it possible to create an alarm that is stored in the memory of the HMI (GOT 1020 LBL) Im trying to make a little log display of the last time a pump started and also when it tripped. The trips arent too bad because they are latched. They disappear from the display when the trip is reset. The starts disappear when the Pump stops. Can I configure the HMI to store this information until the next time the event occurs and the time is updated...?

Look at the alarm history function. You can make it log an alarm when the bit turns on, and this message will remain even after the alarm bit is off.

Thanks Crossbow, got that going. However, can I make say 4 alarm history pages for 4 different occurances? As im using a GOT1020 I can only fit 3 alarm events into the one page. Ive tried making 2 x 3 line historys for 2 different occurances on 2 different pages (i.e. the last 3 times 2 different pump started) but when I change the device used in 1 it changes the other leading me to think there is only 1 settings page that all alarm historys use. Is there a way around this that you know of? Edited by justwhy2003

In the GT11 you can make more than one alarm history on different pages and attach them to different bits. Not sure on the GT10 since they are so small I find them almost useless.

I find it a nice little screen for just changing timer values and level switching point which was what it was originally destined for. The client now wants some record of history in it. I had now tried using the list (user) alarm for say the trip bit that when the trip bit is set the user can go to the HMI and see when the trip occured. so all im doing is displaying the date and time but every time i access the screen showing the date/time it updates to the current time. I dont see how this could be of any use to anyone.... am i missing something that allows me to latch the date/time once per rising edge of the device?

The time should only be updated when the alarm occurs. I have no idea why you would see it update each time you load the screen.

Have played with the parameters on this application but the time still updates each time I access the screen. Im going to use the RTC in the PLC to display the last start and trip times.

Does anyone know if it is possible for the RTC in an FX1N PLC to read and use the time from a GOT 1020-LBL RTC?

I don't work with the tiny GT10 units. But in the larger units, you can broadcast the GOT clock to the PLCs. I don't know the actual format, if it works with the TRD and TWR commands in the FX. But it can send the clock data into registers in the PLC, and you can use it from there with the TWR command to update the PLC clock.

Found out the GOT1020 only allows the PLC RTC time to be transfered to the HMI. I just set up a little page to set the time in the PLC using the TWR command. When a trip or run occurs for a pump, the time is stored to registers in the PLC that im displaying on the HMI. Not ideal way to do it I suppose but it works well. Thanks for the help.