Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indepthmarine

List Selection

3 posts in this topic

My client wishes to occasionally update the xxx.lst file used for the LIST SELECTION in several places. I have been updating their lists for them once a year, but they want the ability to do it on their own. I was going to tell them they would need to buy CX-One. Alternatively, is it possible to update the .lst file directly from the NS screen keyboard, or from the compact flash card in the PLC CPU or compact flash card in the NS without having CX Designer? This is not such a serious issue, (so Jay) don't feel the need to find a solution. I am quite happy updating it for them once a year, it takes less than an hour to do all of them on their 4 systems. Just thought I would pose the question to see if it had been done before. Edited by indepthmarine

There is no way to update the xxx.lst file on the NS that would keep it in the correct format to still be used by the list selection functional object. The only way to have this ability would be to have the list stored into internal PT memory (Collect from $W) and then you could just create seperate "string display and input" objects that would edit the appropiate address used by the list selection.

What about FTP? See here: (Looking for document. Check back.) NS FTP Function @ MrPLC.com Edited by Jay Anthony
Found Document