Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bfdm_mexi

AB L23E & Mitsu GOT over E-IP

6 posts in this topic

This may not surprise some but I was looking on here for help and found nothing about it. So heres my contribution. I currently have an AB Compact Logix 1769-L23E-QB1B with Ethernet IP and successfully ran a Mitsubishi GOT (1265 but any model using GT designer should work, also RS232 com does too) over the communication with no problems. I had to create a new group of tags, Map them, export them, import them, and then finally used them in the GT Designer software. I can go into detail but I dont want to waste valuable space on the forum unless someone is interested. Being an OEM, the price of the Mitsu-GOT vs the AB-Panelview will save us many thousands of dollars a year. So it is a cost effective alternative to the Panelview. any ?'s just reply. Edited by bfdm_mexi
1 person likes this

I'm always interested in integrating two different pieces of software, but why not go with something such as the Red Lion G3? Has many more features than the PV+ and has the drivers to talk to the Compactlogix by default

Because we do A LOT of business through Mitsubishi via Numatic Engineering (Drives, Encoders, VFD's, Cables, etc.) and through Rockwell via Allied Electric (PLC's, I/O, terminal blocks, push buttons, etc.) We would just rather keep these two vendors if at all possible. We use a product in our machines and we use it for A LONG time so we feel the need to keep our vendors close. That way if theres a problem its fixed right away. Honestly, I've never even heard of Red Lion. I just googled it. - ok I saw it... looks like their list price for an 8" is $1999. thats nearly double the price im getting the Mitsu one for. Edited by bfdm_mexi

Hi There, Iam using a compact logix 1769-L32E with a mitsubishi E1151 HMI programmed via E-Designer version 7.52 I dont seem to be getting the syntax of the tags correct to enable the PLC to communicate. I have tried for example local:8:I:0data to get an analogue value from a 8 channel analogue input card IF8 channel 0 in slot 8 but with no success. Any Ideas Please? thanks in advance cheers John

On 2/2/2010 at 10:38 PM, bfdm_mexi said:

This may not surprise some but I was looking on here for help and found nothing about it. So heres my contribution. I currently have an AB Compact Logix 1769-L23E-QB1B with Ethernet IP and successfully ran a Mitsubishi GOT (1265 but any model using GT designer should work, also RS232 com does too) over the communication with no problems. I had to create a new group of tags, Map them, export them, import them, and then finally used them in the GT Designer software. I can go into detail but I dont want to waste valuable space on the forum unless someone is interested. Being an OEM, the price of the Mitsu-GOT vs the AB-Panelview will save us many thousands of dollars a year. So it is a cost effective alternative to the Panelview. any ?'s just reply.

please share me procedure how to it. 

On 1/2/2010 at 10:08 AM, bfdm_mexi said:

This may not surprise some but I was looking on here for help and found nothing about it. So heres my contribution. I currently have an AB Compact Logix 1769-L23E-QB1B with Ethernet IP and successfully ran a Mitsubishi GOT (1265 but any model using GT designer should work, also RS232 com does too) over the communication with no problems. I had to create a new group of tags, Map them, export them, import them, and then finally used them in the GT Designer software. I can go into detail but I dont want to waste valuable space on the forum unless someone is interested. Being an OEM, the price of the Mitsu-GOT vs the AB-Panelview will save us many thousands of dollars a year. So it is a cost effective alternative to the Panelview. any ?'s just reply.

Please provide the details. Sharing will never waste space!