Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott79

Allen Bradley 8pin mini connector

7 posts in this topic

Does any one know when I can buy a 8pin mini connector to pull into a ML1100. I want to make my own wire to a rs232 scale. I think it is cheaper then buy a cable from AB and cutting the end off and wiring it to a connector. Thanks Scott

You might try here: http://www.plctrainer.net/PLCProgrammingCables.htm The owner of that site is a frequent visitor here, and may be able to get you the connector he uses for his cables. Their 8 pin connector is a little different than most so be careful to look very closely especially at the spacing of the center pins if you try another vendor's plug.

I would beware of any straight in 8 pin mini. Misrotation and pin damage is very easy. The right angle that AB uses ensures correct alignment. We use this one from Automation Direct cutting off the end.

Since this is a Keyed connector misalignment should not be a problem. You can find the ends at Digikey using this part number CP-2080-ND. Good luck. Let me know how this works out. The images of the end are below 8_pin.bmp

For $15 USD you can buy it at the link OkiePC provided, you can't make it for that price. Unless of course you already have all the parts and you work for nothing. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=91320 Edited by Mickey

True. I was thinking the original poster was doing some kind of custom cable.

Could be, the OP did say he wants to cut the end off and wire it to a connector. What kind of connector?