Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin Carpenter

Accessing MEAU.com

7 posts in this topic

Regardless of what they tell us in Europe, without doubt, the best website for manuals (including old ones for kit that is no longer current) is the American site www.meau.com. But, for anyone outside of America, it always seems to be a problem to access the files ..... you always get bounced to another site that insists you go to the site for the area that you live in. The reasons for this have been discussed as IP addresses etc., and sometimes you can get in through an anonymous proxy site, but today, I learnt the simple way to do it. All you have to do is set the time zone on your PC to -6:00 Central Time (USA and Canada) and you can access the manuals properly. To do this double click the clock at the bottom right of your screen, select time zone, change to Central Time (USA and Canada), click apply and the site quite happily lets you access the manuals...

They told me the reason they blocked outsiders is because of the amount of bandwidth being used up. In fact, they said that on almost a weekly basis, before they locked it down, they had over 1GB of downloads from outside their support area, such as Europe and Asia. They do sell the manuals collection on a DVD in the US too. That tends to get updated about every 6 months.

That is brilliant. I can access the manuals for a PLC now that previously I was having trouble finding. Thanks!

Hats off to the American site for providing a service to customers that is second to none in the Mitsubishi world. It would be great if the powers at Mitsubishi decided that it was such a good site that they should apply pressure to all their worldwide sites to offer the same levels of service, rather than forcing their worldwide customers to resort to slightly underhand tactics to access what they should easily be able to access.... if you see what I mean.

Mitsubishi documents, including of oldest, are available on Beijer website without any tricks http://www.beijer.net/web/web_aut_en.nsf/A...12571EE004ABB9D

access-browser without java script

It works. Only without smart comboboxes for search categories.