Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Penko Mitev

PC->Twido communication

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys! Today I finished the wiring of the machine which is going to use Twido and decided to power the panel. The controller started with the ERR LED blinking. I read in the documentation this is so because there is no configuration yet. Then, I started Twido Suite and tried to make a connection. First it was Ethernet, but I eventually found out it is available for 40 IO modular controller, while mine is 20 IO DRT. I got back home so I am able to fully read everything on this topic. I also took a look at the PROMO pack contents to see if I lack a cable or not. In fact, there was no luck and the programming cable was written as "TSXCUSB485"(the white box) + TSXCRJMD25(PLC -> RJ45). Therefore, I have to use these two and it was what I did. In Connection Management of TwidoSuite I created new connection and specified USB. Unfortunately, that also didn't work and I was unable to connect to the PLC at all. Is there any obvious mistake in what I am trying to do? Is there any catch or specific setting I must take care about so I succeed with the connection? Edit: I did not notice the Modicon sub-forum at a glance, so moderators, please move the topic there. Regards, Penko Edited by Penko Mitev

Okay, let me throw more light with what I read recently. I read somewhere that the arrow must be turned to 2 on the 485toUSB converter. Is this what you do? Actually, can anyone explain all steps they make to go online. Yes, you will say there is documentation, that's right, but I figured out a part of it is out of date and things are totally changed, so I won't deny an explanation with two sentences what you do you do? :)

Did you install the USB Cable Driver? If you don't have it, look at Schneider Web Site to find the Driver Pack 2.6 or go direct to this link: http://www.global-download.schneider-elect...29?Opendocument Re-start your computer after installation....... Plug the cable before you run Twido Suite. The software will recognize the USB Cable as a COM port, that is because the TSXCUSB485 is a USB/Serial converter.

Henrique, thanks for the information man. Fortunately, I already solved my problem because something was eating me from inside and yesterday despite the heavy snow I decided to go to our enterprise and check it out. The only reason for TwidoSuite not to be able to connect to Twido was that the arrow of TSXCUSB485(485 to USB) was not turned to 2. After that TwidoSuite even detected the connection automatically without me having to specify it manually. In conclusion, if anybody has troubles communicating with Twido, ensure your converter's arrow points 2. Regards, Penko Edited by Penko Mitev