Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RTRBURN

A Series to Q Series conversion

10 posts in this topic

I have tried the Q02UCPU for the conversion before and found it wouldnt work so we went with a Q02HCPU. Well on this new project Im going to add ethernet and I know the Q03UDECPU has built in ethernet, but will this "universal" cpu work for the conversion though? Thanks in advance for your help.

Using gx developer, you should be able to transform an A-serie program to any QCPU. From there, you should be able to transform to any QUCPU. Never tried converting from A to QU in one go though. What exactly didn't work? Edited by Mitsu

If you use a universal CPU. You can't use the QA backplanes with old series modules!!! The software conversion should be fine though.

Just tried converting an A-serie program to a Q2UCPU and it worked (without the need to convert to Q2CPU in between) using gx developer. edit: just saw Gambit's post. Hardware wise, the QA68ADP (which connects an A-serie extention rack to a Q) is only compatble with the Q-series, not with the QU-series. Edited by Mitsu

QA65B, QA68B, QA1S65B, QA1S68B, and QA6ADP cannot be used with the QnU processors. But you should have no problems converting A series directly to QnU.

Yeah we use the QA68B backplane boards. I have decieded to go with the Q03UDECPU, it has the onboard ethernet port. And the price of the cpu is less then a QJ71E71-100 module. Thanks again for everyones help.

Then you won't be using the QA68B. Can't use it with the new CPUs.

Thanks Crossbow, what rack do I need to look at then to do the conversion. I appreciate all your help.

You cannot connect A Series cards to a Q03UDE using any rack. To use the A Series cards on the Q, you MUST use one of the older Higher Performance CPUs, such as Q02HCPU or higher.

Thanks Crossbow, I appreciate the help.