Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ayyub Ishaq

altivar 71 control by twido through modbus HELLLLLPPPP

3 posts in this topic

HI FRIENDS! I AM NEW IN THIS FORUM AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST I HOPE RESPONSE WILL BE VERY HELP FUL.ACTUALLY I GOT A TWIDO PLC TWDMA 20DRT, AN EXTENSION MODULE WITH IT TWDNOZ485T AND A VFD ALTIVAR 71.I WANT TO COMMUNICATE THIS VFD WITH TWIDO THROUGH MODBUS.IN TWDNOZ485T THERE ARE THREE SCREW TERMINALS WRITTEN AS (A+ B- SG).I AM CONNECTING THREE WIRES FROM THESE TERMINALS AND CONNECTING TO ALTIVAR 71 THROUGH RJ45 WITH ALTIVAR PINS 4(A+),5(B-) AND 8(OV). HOPE IM DOING CORRECT HARDWARE SETTINGS. NOW ON THE SOFTWARE SIDE I AM USING TWIDO SOFT AND DOING THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS: 1-OPENED TWIDOSOFT 2-CLICKED ON NEW FILE AND FUNCTIONAL LEVEL MANAGEMENT AUTOMATIC AND HIGHEST POSSIBLE THEN CLICKED OK 3-CHANGED THE BASE CONTROLLER FROM TWDLMDA40DTK TO TWDLMDA20DRT 4-RIGHT CLICKED ON HARDWARE---->ADD OPTION------->TWDNOZ485T 5- NOW I HAVE TWO HARDWARE PORTS: PORT1=REMOTE LINK,,,,AND PORT2=MODBUS ADDRESS 1 6-NOW IM GOING TO CLICK MACROS---->RIGHT CLICK COMM---->EDIT---->CHECK CONFIGURE--->INSTANCE=0--->NETWORK=MODBUS PORT2,ADDRESS=2(I HAVE CONFIGURED MY ALTIVAR TO ADDRESS 2)------>CLICK FUNCTIONS AND ASSIGNED ADDRESSES. 7-WRITTEN A SIMPLE PROGRAM TO WRITE A SINGAL REGISTER 8502(FREQ SETPOINT=50HZ) THIS IS ALL ABOUT TWIDOSOFT IN ALTIVAR 71 IM CONFIGURED COMMAND REFERENCE AS CH1 REF MODBUS NETWORK AND IN ALTIVAR COMMUNICATIONS I HAVE CONFIGURED ADDRESS=2(ALSO DICUSSED ABOVE).ONE THING I AM NOT SURE THAT IN COMMAND WINDOW OF GRPAHIC TERMINAL WHEN I CHOOSE MODBUS THEN THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS.ONE IS I/O PROFILE,SEPARATE AND NOT SEPARATE.THIS THING I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND MAY BE THERE IS A LOGIC BEHIND THIS.

1 - Twido Soft is the OLD software. You should use TwidoSuite. 2 - 4 - Using Twido Suite, you have the Describe part of the software, where you will configure the hardware and add the Altivar 71 on your network 5 - The correct setting is MODBUS, MASTER (not Address 1). 6 - You have the Macros Drive, where you are going to confgure the comm parameters and use the macro instructions in your software, check the help for Macros Drive. 7 - Use the Macro Instructions, don't have to check the ModBus addresses for Altivar 71. Separate Profile means that the commands (start/stop) and Speed Reference comes from different sources. NOT Separate Profile meand that the commands and Reference comes from the same source, for example, if you choose the commands form the Terminal then the reference will be the analog input, if you choose the NetWork, then the commands and reference will come form the network. Attached is a document showing how to configure Twido Suite + Altivar 71 in ModBus. It's in portuguese, but you will see all the configuration screens and cable diagrams. Hope it can help you. Ex_Com_TWD_ATV71_MB_MD_TWSUITE.pdf

thanks a lot man you proved for me very helpful.i will check these settings then i will inform you about the result.well thanks again