Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

electrical print making software

14 posts in this topic

Hello, I was wondering what everybody used (and preferably liked) to make prints. I have looked into electrical autocad, but for 5,000.00 it seems like there should be something out there that is good, but not so expensive? Thanks in advance for any help, plcdp

I've used AutoSketch ($89) and Visio (I don't remember the price).

Or you could go hardcore cheap like us and use Microsoft Paint and paste it into an Excel spreadsheet with your companies logo on it

How user friendly are those programs and how is the symbol library? plcdp

They are very easy to use, and I don't know on the symbol libraries, I did alot of copy and paste between drawings.

Autocad LT and any of the third party electical symbol sets.

We have Autocad LT, could you tell me where I can find the 3rd party electrical symbol set? Thank you very much, plcdp

I used a package for AutoCAD (&LT) from Via Development called Via Schematic... it was an excellent library, and had a Lite version as well. I say WAS because they were bought by AutoDesk a few years back, and what was Via Schematic became AutoCAD Electrical. If you have the money, go for that... if not, you may find someone willing to sell you their copy. Wish I could be more help!

For Autocad LT try electrical symbols available on this site: http://www.cadtoolsonline.com/elecsym.htm

That is exactly what we were looking for, we purchased the electrical symbol library this morning. Thanks very much for your help. plcdp

Let's not forget about the Autocad JIC Electrical Symbol library here at MrPLC. It's the only library I've needed and is a great basis for making your own symbols. And yes, it still works in 2010. HTH! Susan
1 person likes this

Thanks! I especially like the price on that library! By the way, I have seen some of your posts in the past and I was just curious....what is HTH? Thanks again, plcdp

@plcdp, I identify it as "Hope this helps" but it can be anything after all. I don't pretend to be right, I am not a native speaker of English.

HTH = Hope this helps