Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PoTeToJB

[HELP] need activeX funciton for VB

5 posts in this topic

hi old timer. Currently we have project that need to transfer data from PLC to PC( VB ). my vendor suggest us to use mx component. due to tight budget, we cannot buy mx component license for every pc. Please somebody advice another method or solution to linkage PLC and PC(vb)

Purchase and OPC Server that will allow you to communicate with the device and then wite your own OPC code in VB. The cost of this depends upon what version of OPC you are using.

If you're using a Q-series PLC then there are a few options. There is the MES module (both the MES interface IT and the regular MES module) and also there is a datalogging module that you can get that will send information to a PC. The MES modules transfer information to a database and once that information is in the database you can do whatever you want to it (it's just a SQL database). The datalogging module has software that comes with it but I have yet to play with it so I can't tell you a lot about that one.

what series plc? if it is FX, you can try code in download section...

Hello if you use Fx plc, maybe I can help you! I have some code that vb with plc through comport or computer link.