Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malc cope

RSView Text Messaging

3 posts in this topic

Hi All I have 2 identical sites, both controlled by SLC500 connected to RSView 32, I use the messenger part of RSView to send text messages when certain alarms are present, both sites are configured the same, i.e, both send text message to the same number, however only text messages from one site appear to get through, we did have an earlier problem where no messages got through but that was due to the phone number we were using. Now as I said one site is fine, the other not. The site which is not working correctly does attempt to dial out, this is confirmed by the the fact dial outs are appearing on the phone bill. My question is this, could it be a possibility that the modem could be the issue? Other than they are about 5 miles apart, this if anything is the only difference between the 2 sites.

Does the second site have a direct line or is it use a dialing code to get out like entering a 9 then the outside phone number. I have seen site that have direct lines and also ones that have to have a prefix entered to get an outside line.

Hi Thanks for your reply & Happy New Year, both sites both have direct lines, no prefixes are used