Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Problem with downloading to NQ3 with USB drive

5 posts in this topic

I followed the instructions as described on attached pages from the NQ terminal quick start manual. At first you would think you have to gather the mentioned files yourself but it turns the folder NQxxQxxx including the 3 files already exists in the project directory that NQ-Designer creates when you save your project: NQ3-TQ000-B_APP.NQP NQ3-TQ000-B_FW.ABS NQ_FONT_File.BIN The naming convention is the same as described in the manual. So I copied the directory to an empty 2GB cruzer micro (even happens to be a supported type), and inserted it in the NQ3. Next, set the USB host transfer enable bit and immediately it shows the download/upload screen. So far so good. Now I can download Firmware and Fonts file fine. But when I select Application, it gives an Error Message: "File not found! [ OK ]" Any ideas? Download_USB_to_NQ3.pdf

I am not sure, but i think that NQ serie in europe is like NP here in Canada. First time i downloaded application via USB stick i tried to manually write the file on USB stick then transfer it. It did not work. I dont say you did the same mistake than me, but just in case: It is the software that has to write the files to the USB stick. In NP Designer it is in the "File" menu: NPD.bmp Edited by pfort

Hi PdL, So you have placed the folder NQ3TQ000 with the contents (3 files) diretly in the root of the usb stick.. this means NOT to place the three files directly in the root. so : folder NQ3TQ000 - app - abs - font NQ and NP are two different products from 2 different developments and there is no relation at all between both. A check if the app file is correct is by opening it directly in nq designer. regards, MPM

I opened the app file and it opened the project. Funny detail is that at the same time when you do that it creates a second directory within the folder containing the 3 files with some bpm files and stuff. However I deleted the contents of the USB drive and copied the files once more and now it load the application as well.. beats me