Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevechia78

Obsolete Melsec F series programming cable

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a obselete Mitsubishi Melsec F40-MR PLC, I would like to know if you guys have the hardware information, in particular to the programming COMM port or the programming cable itself. I can make my own cable but is it the same SC-09 cable as some of you had mentioned? A million thanks! Cheers! Steve

The SC09 will not work with the F/F1/F2 range of PLCs. You need an SC03 to work with the F2-20GF1. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mitsubishi-programin...128208003r38955 Edited by KAZAH

F series did not offer PC programming capabilities. F1 and F2 could be programmed with MEDOC and the F2-20GF1 serial adapter. I don't know for sure if this will or will not work on the F. But these are like gold now, very hard to come by. You might be able to find an old F2-20P handheld programmer around.

from BEIJER

Thanks! That is one rare piece of information! Unfortunately I can't read russian fonts, does it mean that the connection is as such : PC -> SC-02 -> SC-CAB -> F2-20GF -> F series PLC What is this SC-CAB cable about? An additional cable other than the SC-02? Thanks. Best Regards, Steve

Thanks mate...that little document has just saved my bacon!