Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kandanews

FactoryTalk view to ML 1400

5 posts in this topic

I have a problem that i am hoping you can help with. I wouldn't normally ask this, but I cannot find any information anywhere on this error message. "data table I1:0-I1:9 in MicroLogix at 10.161.220.32 is to small or missing". I get this when I try to use a tag from a ML1400. Did I set something up wrong when i installed the new software? Oh, I get the error when I run an application on factory talk. I have upgraded my software to CPR9 SR2. so my factory talk and RSLinx Enterprise have been updated to browse the ML 1400. (I've also posted this question on Rockwells Knowledgebase, but i'm hoping for an answer over the weekend.) Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you, Ken Edwards

Do you have an expansion module installed? If so try changing the addresses to a range of I:1/0 to I:1/15 or I:1.0/0 to I:1.0/15 ( or the whole word I:1.0) Note placement of (:) colon. Edited by Mickey

Hi Mickey. :) see that statement under my name that says "Hi, I'm new"?? that is appropriate. where can i find that information and how do I change it?

To all, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to use bit 9 of word I:0.0 and in one spot I accidently put I:0.9 instead of I:0.0/9 (I am teaching myself, and that was an early attempt that I forgot to change to the correct use) hence the error, it couldn't find I/O word #9 cause there is only 7. Thanks for the help Mickey. Ken p.s. I will be back for more help. although usually, browsing the forums nets me the answers I am looking for. This is a great site. Thanks to all the "Guru's" that assist us learners.