Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zack G

Wonderware InTouch 9.5 Remote Monitoring

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I'm looking for some input on the best way to remote monitor our InTouch 9.5 nodes from within our server room. Our configuration is as follows: We've got 1 InSQL Server and InTouch Development station in the server room. The InSQL Server hosts our InTouch Application Files and serves as our historian. The development workstation is simply that, just for development and InTouch changes. We then have 2 seperate nodes located in our manufacturing area. Each node downloads the application file upon startup, and operates locally. Each node is setup with IDAS to buffer historical data in case the connection to InSQL is lost. The nodes are connected locally to Seimens S7 via Profibus. We'd be interested in setting up remote monitoring (not operation) of these 2 nodes from the server room. In your opinion, what's the best way to make this happen? Thanks, - Zack

Are you stating that the Wonderware I/O Servers are the two floor computers and that the operators on the floor run the systems from them? Your computers in the control room just store the application files and your floor Wonderware I/O servers read the files upon startup? If so, can you just install a wonderware client node in the server room to check the status of the floor computers?

Actually you have 2 options: 1-Get Intouch with terminal services server and install it on windows server with terminal service server option, then you can remotlly access your intouch using remote desktop option. This is very strong soliotion but it is costly. 2-Copy your application into next node and in the topic configuriation write on node name the first node IP then you can start window viewer after you make sure IOServer is running on first node.