Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

Omron Modbus Slave on Ethernet

29 posts in this topic

so, i have some news from my plant. the people that manage external pc told me that in the past, same situation, they used with Omron CPM2A plc a moxa nport de211 in this way CPM2 - > rs232 -> moxa de211 -> ethernet -> PC (i think modbus tcp master) they were the active part on communication reading and writing PLC. the question now: is that moxa a kind on gateway that must be programmed (kind of protocol) or is a simply converter for rs232 to tcp server, where all the reading/writing commands come from PC? because in this case i can consider to use the same converter (programming only COM board and ethernet address) thanks again. hope to find a solution. i'm a newbie in protocol field p.s. is it possible that the reason of all my problems is that im using an builtin ethernet board (CJ1M-CPU13-ETN) that does not support socket operation? Edited by valerio81

mmm bad new!!! i think they have a "moxa nport-de211" but i dont well understand how it works. it change rs232 signal to ethernet plc is a "slave" and PC read and write. which protocol from plc to moxa? no protocol, rs232 cable, port setted as rs232 i suppose. which protocol from PC side? (standard modbus TCP??) or there is something to program on moxa to choose in example DM to transmit (i.e. = dm200 -> 30001) thanks!

Hello. Since you are using CJ1M-CPU1X-ETN...... I have spend two hours trying to communicete with MODBUS/TCP slave device. Then I have read: "The built in Ethernet cards inside CJ1M-CPUxxETN do not support TCP or UDP Socket Services." link: http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=53 Edited by manowar