Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gromit

RSLogix5000 project comparison

5 posts in this topic

How is a RSLogix5000 project comparison performed? Specifically, does RSLogix5000 have an equivalent to the RSLogix500 and RSLogix5 "compare" function that compares two different versions of a program? I use this all the time with SLC500 and PLC5 and hope that it is still available with ControlLogix.

short answer is yes

The long answer is that the Compare utility is included with RSLogix 5000 and installed when you install RSLogix 5000 but may not be launchable from inside RSLogix 5000 depending on how you set up your Tools menu during installation. I launch mine from Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSLogix 5000 Enterprise Series -> RSLogix 5000 Compare v3 Or from within RSLogix 5000 using Tools -> Compare I used the Compare utility this morning; suddenly our main drive was just creeping along. "It has to be the program !" said the commissioning lead, so I loaded yesterday's program and today's program into Compare and ran down the list of differences. Nothing in the drive speed logic. Since we'd proven it wasn't the logic, we started asking about changes to the drive. "All I did was change the display units from Hz to RPM", offered one guy. On a PowerFlex, that doesn't just change the display but rather changes the engineering units, so now the "50" in the Max Speed parameter meant 50 RPM, not 50 Hz. Much slower.

The one thing you will do without in the 5000 is advanced diagnostics. I wish they had left that in the 5000. Due to this we generally segregate our programs into smaller modules than we used to. The compare has a different look that you will be used to, but the functionality is there.

Awesome. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks Ken!!!!!!