Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Licence error

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why the following error is displayed at run time: This licence node cannot be any type of server. Please disable all servers. I have configured alarms and trends last week and they were working fine. Im making a presentation program working off cicode and disk tags.

Sounds to me you are using a computer setup that has a trend/reports/alarm/IO server enabled and a Display client license key which is a bad combination. I suggest you include at least the SCADA software name and version in your topic title/post, and screenshots usually give a lot information. As it is now this post is pretty vague as people have to recognize you using Citect from the word cicode in your post....

Hello again, still not self sufficient on the basics ? You keep asking a lot of questions about Citect and getting a lot of helpful answers but not giving any feedback as to if it solved your issues or much thanks for the help you get...... Check your network addresses in the project, if in any doubt set it to 127.0.0.1 Edited by tragically1969

Pdl. Sorry forgot to include the Software information, its Citect V7.1. Cheers tragically1969, just been looking back and yes you are right, I havent been great in getting back with how Ive gotten on, sorry, Ill update my past posts as best I can on progress since. Thanks justin

Glad you are going to take better care of your feedback skills ... So, any results?

Ok, I should mention that at present the project is only running in Demo mode. In the computer set up wizard I ticked the box for "multi process" and the program starts with no problems but shuts down after a short time as there is no licence. I then when backunticked the multi process and changed the networking from TCP/IP to "no networking" and everything seems fine now. Not sure how that changed to begin with tho. Im pretty sure the problem is solved... Edited by justwhy2003