Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Daniyal

Compact Logic

4 posts in this topic

I am working on a project of about Continouse Vacuum Pan in Sugar Industry, the Project Senerio based on the Compact Logic (1769-L31) CPU with extension Digital and Analog I/O modules like (1769-IF8[2], 1769-IF4XOF2[1], 1769-IQ32[2], 1769-OB32[2]) are attached. I have been complete Ladder Logic designing in the RSLogix 5000 v16.0. Now its time to Emulate my Project in RSEmulator 5000, but there are no such modules listed at the place of extension module slote. Kindly help me and guide me how to Emulate my project and also which software do i install then my project should be able to Emulate.

Change your CompactLogix controller to Emulate 5000 Controller. Only Emulate 5000 Controller can be used for emulation. You need the RSLogix Emulate 5000 software.

First you must add RSLink driver, you need Virtual bbackplane softlogix driver (see picture). Then,open RSEmulate and right clic on empty slot ->create. add plc and digital IO. You cannot use space 0 for plc like in compactlogix. Simulator only have digital IO for simulate analog, you can add another plc and write to analog tag via comm. Right clic on digital module and select IO data for simulate input or see output. (picture) For add digital IO in your project you have to insert 1756-MODULE generic, this module is used for simulate input and output. Strange but true! In Emulate IO is 1789-SIM and in RS5000 IO is named 1756-MODULE. I send screen shot on how to configure 1756-MODULE, same config for input and output. Finally, for use input, you have to use array[1]. Don't forget to raise the RPI on 1756-MODULE, if you didn't raise it, you'll got IO fault. On my laptop, I have open Emulate before open RS5000, sometime if RS500 is open before Emulate, Emulate doesn't work. good luck

I'm going to resurrect this old thread because google users will still end up here  with this problem..

Here is a video link to as to how to setup a 1789-SIM module: https://images.rakb.link/732965/sim2.mp4

Module to use in RSLogix 5000 - 1756-Module

Input Assembly Instance 1, Size 2

Output Assembly Instance 2, Size 1

Configuration Assembly Instance 16, Size 0

Comm format "Data - DINT"

Slot - whatever slot you assigned it to in Emulate 5000

Request packet interval - 50

Hint: If you have real world input and output modules configured in your program that you want to test, map them to 1789-SIM modules and you can test your code without re-addressing I/O points in your program.  Take a look at page 103 of this manual for help on this. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1789-um002_-en-p.pdf