Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keith76

help & advice

10 posts in this topic

Hello all this is a very informative site. My question or issue is I have a twido24drf installed in a car wash that mywife and i just purchased what i like it todo is send an email or sms or phone call when the temperature sensor gets to -20c it is a 4-20ma sensor. now i can write some ladder but dont have the knowledge as of yet to make this work. so could somebody point me in the right directtion for ascii for twido and would i have to use modbus? i will probly have to hire this out so would i need modbus or any nthing special other than what i have. i have twd24drf, 8output expansion,2input analog expansion, and going to order sr2 modem thank you in advance for your time keith

Being that Twido is a Modicon product, you might get more responses in the Modicon forum. But you would not need Modbus for ASCII communications. I recommend if you are going to outsource this programming that you find an integrator who is familiar with the Twido PLC, and they should understand how to make it send a string of text. But please keep in mind there is much more to sending an email or SMS message. Such as access to the Internet. For that, you would want an Ethernet module, not serial.

thank you very much.. I will ask over in the other forum aswell..keith

Hello all this is a very informative site. My question or issue is I have a twido24drf installed in a car wash that mywife and i just purchased what i like it todo is send an email or sms or phone call when the temperature sensor gets to -20c it is a 4-20ma sensor. now i can write some ladder but dont have the knowledge as of yet to make this work. so could somebody point me in the right directtion for ascii for twido and would i have to use modbus? i will probly have to hire this out so would i need anything special other than what i have. i have twd24drf, 8output expansion,2input analog expansion, and going to order sr2 modem or blue tree modem for internet access. crossbow has informed me that i wiil not need modbus and to ask in this forum thank you in advance for your time keith

I am not sure the Twido has the ability to do all of that, speficially the e-mail. I would place a PC there, does not have to be high end, running an OPC server and then you can either create your ownOPC Cleint with and E-mail applicaiton in it or get a product like Win911(http://www.specterinstruments.com) which is designed to do just that. Win911 is an OPC Cleint and it can be configured to do allarm notifification upon multiple conditions. Edited by Tech Fred

Moderator note: I merged the two topics and placed one version here in Modicon as suggested.

Hi Keith, did u see at Schneider Electric website?? If you really are canadian have a look here and find and download this "Twido S1013 vA MODEM RTC & GSM" If it is not useful search for other FAQ or manual in any Schneider website. You'll find everithing you need.

I did this job once using SMS messages. Used the Twido serial port configured as ASCII, connected to a SR2MOD03 (Schneider Electric reference for a GSM module). As someone said, there is a guide at Schneider Electric website to help doing the job. It's not so easy, but can be made. You will also need a GSM chip from some cellular phone operator. With extra research, I think that you can send emails using the GSM chip (if you have this service) and using the modem full manual. I know that twido does not offer the email service directly, an other solution would be a PC and a OPC Server and maybe extra software. An other option would be using a Zelio Logic with the SR2MOD02. Zelio has every thing prepared for sending SMS messages, you just have to configure it, it's much easier, and the only thing to do is send a digital signal from twido to the zelio logic. I attached the modem user guide for you. sr2mod0x_se_000_en.pdf