Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PoTeToJB

Q series PLC link system

14 posts in this topic

Hi all. i have 1 project to link 3 Q series plc together. 1st plc is the master and PLC 2 & 3 slave. ---- 1 ) only 20 I/O(x20-x39, y20-y39) and 10 Data memory (DM 0-9 ) willbe link to PLC 1st form PLC 2. ( 15m to PLC1) ---- 2 ) only 30 I/O(x20-x49, y20-y49) and 20 Data memory (DM 0-19 ) willbe link to PLC 1st form PLC 3. (25m to PLC1) -- IF plc 1 down. PLC 2& 3 still can run but detect error (master down) -- IF plc 2 or 3 down. PLC 1 and (2 or 3) still can run but detect error (slave down) What is the best and easy way to link this system. Using cc-link. rs485 and melsecnet/h ( to Expensive). or have other way

Hi, The best way to use CC-Link.

I agree with Inntele. Use CC-Link. Cheap, fast and easy to set up.

Thank kaare_t & Inntele for reply. if using cc-link. 1 PLC down (power off) other plc canbe problem or not.. with cc-link can use ring network or not.

CC-Link is a bus structure, However It does support stand-by master en Duplex master.

HI Gambit. Do u mean add cc-link redundant system in PLC 1 ?.. in this system design, better using 2 unit QJ61BT11N in plc1, or just using 1 unit QJ61BT11N in plc1 and link together PLC 2 and PLC 3. PLC 2 and 3 range only 10 meter. Edited by PoTeToJB

What I mean is that you can have PLC 2 be a Duplex/redundand master for PLC1. If PLC1 fails than PLC2 & 3 Can still exchange data.

thank Gambit. i understand what do u mean now. in this system better use design no 1 or 2, 1) using 2 unit QJ61BT11N in PLC1, PLC 2 (1 unit QJ61BT11N) and PLC 3 (1 unit QJ61BT11N) and different cabel for PLC 2 and PLC 3 to PLC 1 2) using 1 unit QJ61BT11N in PLC1, link together PLC 2 (1 unit QJ61BT11N) and PLC 3 (1 unit QJ61BT11N). PLC 2 and 3 range only 10 meter

I would use design 2 and duplex master

Hi gambit. If cable PLC 1 to PLC 2 or 3 broken, PLC 1 cannot control plc 2 & # 3 right. can we use ring network for prevention this problem.

Since you have such high demands you should seriously consider using CC-LinkIE (the "new" MELSECNET) or MELSECNET even if the price is higher! Even if the cost is higher, maybe you will earn the money if a cable should break........

Hi PoTeToJB, For case that you have described in the topic, is not necessary to use the ring network and redundancy, because you necessary an exchange information from an each slave to the master only and no need to exchange information between slaves. The best topology of network in this case will PLC2-PLC1-PLC3, i.e. when PLC1 is in the middle of network. However for other cases is possible to use different combination (the separate master-module and separate segment between slaves, the topology PLC1-PLC2-PLC3 and reserve master in the slave rack, and so on). To give concrete advice for such situations is need more information from you.

You do not need 2 CC-Link modules in PLC 1. There is no reason for this. As was stated above, the standby master should be one of the other PLCs. So your option 1 is not required. You should be looking at MELSECNET/H or CC-Link IE for connecting PLC to PLC. CC-Link is really designed to be a remote I/O network, not a PLC to PLC network, though it can be used for PLC to PLC with small amounts of data. Although the small amount of data you have to move would work with CC-Link. You never mentioned how fast this data has to be moved, that would be a good reason to use NET/H or CC-Link IE over the regular CC-Link.

Hi all. Thank for reply. hi kaare_t This system very impotent to my company. if 1 system down 60% of my company will be down to. so i try to use the best way to design this system for reduce down time/ error.. Hi Inntele & Crossbow Now i Planing want use CC-Link IE for this system. can u or somebody share the sample program, setting or programming manual for cc-link ie. i try find in web but not more information about cc-link ie.