Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wadlinx79

Receiving data from RS-485

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I am completely new about using Omron PLC. Now I'm working for a project using a weigh scale, the data from the weight scale I want to send to PLC using RS-485. My PLC is CS1G-H CPU43 and already have on board communication SCB41-V1 that have RS-485. Already go through the forum and found out that using CX-Protocol it can be done. Still reading the manual of CX-Protocol but too much to read made me confuse. My english is poor and take time to understand the manual. Can anybody make simple explanation how to do it the simplest way. For information my weigh scale can send ASCII code. Thank you.

I wrote a few simple messages for E5CN even there is a protocol already in cx-protocol for E5CN. I read status, PV, SV and write SV and commands RUN and STOP. you use then pmcr in ladder to send these communication sequences but remember, only one pmcr at a time i.e. send pmcr, wait for pmcr execution flag to become zero then send another pmcr etc. Regards E5CN.zip

tashinz Hello I want to know about your weigh scale Protocol,then maybe I can help you. or said the plc communication with weight scale throught wich protocol,for example Modbus AscII

Hi, I' back after studying.... and several testing. Now I understand little bit the use of CX-Protocol, from the manual I try simple ladder using PMCR. So far all setting already done for scb but still not achive to get data from my weigh scale. I still cant understand how to write protocol of my weight scale into receive data on cx-protocol. Just trying from other ppl code and see what happen. Also cant understand what the trace result show. Still need much to learn. If anybody can guide me I really appreciate. I attached my cxp and also my weigh scale manual AD4402 (refer to 8.2 built in RS485 interface). also my cx -protocol file under this link, because I cannot upload psw file into this forum. http://www.box.net/shared/48kab2dhsg One question about terminator resistor. I set it on at SCB41-V1 but on the weigh scale no terminator resistor. Is it will effect the communication? AD4402.cxp ad4402.pdf

well, from my experience, before writing messages in cx-protocol try to communicate with your device from pc using simple terminal program. it is very often that message specs in device's manual are not true. When you communicate using pc successfuly just transfer it to cx-protocol.

Have a look at this download

You can use Multiway from JP to use as a terminal from your PC. Pretty programs very good to use. Search on this site and you'll find it.

Multiway 7.4 @ MrPLC.com