Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

micrologix

5 posts in this topic

I was told that the micrologix 1000 analog I am using is capable of decimal math (122.48). I can not seem to confirm this with anything I have tried. Any suggestions?

non of the micrologix1000 is capable of handele decimal values but the micrologix 1500 serie C and micrologix 1100 is use the float register to do the decimal values

Bowhunter2000 is correct; the MicroLogix 1000 does not support Floating Point data types or Floating-Point math instructions. The MicroLogix 1000 was released in about 1995, and is based on the SLC-5/02 operating system. It is purely an integer math controller. It has a fixed 1K user program memory, and a fixed set of data files. The OS for that controller has not changed at all in a decade. Often I use "implied decimals" in an HMI and do my math in small increments, like using "1234" for 12.34 and considering the units to be 1/100 of the principal unit. The actual range of integer numbers supported by the MicroLogix 1000 is -32768 to +32767.

Thank you both, I was pretty sure but being as new to this as I am I do not like to make assumptions. I followed your suggestion and did my math to the 100th power and then used the expressions in the panelview to read it as a decimal. The onyl thing lacking was being able to write the same way, the panelview 400 I have I could not find a numeric input button that would write an expression to a data file. Close enough, ships today.

For future knowledge, then: All numeric inputs on a PV+ can use an expression. In the "Value" field of a Numeric Entry, you put the MicroLogix address that you want the numeric value to be sent to. In the "Optional Exp" field, you put the Expression that will manipulate the entered value before it is written to the address in the Value field. "?" must be included in the Optional Expression to designate the value entered by the operator. So, if I want to write "12345" to N7:0 when the user enters "123.45", I configure the Numeric Entry connections: Value {::[Micrologix]N7:0} Optional Exp ? * 100