Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marjan

TWIDO-OPC

7 posts in this topic

Hello! I am trying to communicate with TWIDO TWDLCAA10DRF trough modbus OPC server. The server doesen´t poll the data from TWIDO. If I poll the same data with modscan, it work´s OK. Are there any additional settings to make in the Twdio so it will communicate with opc server? This standard modbus OPC server communicate´s fine with any other PLC´s. Have a nice day

which OPC Server? Ethernet or Serial 485? Post all settings you have configurated. If modscan works fine, you must focus on OPC configuration

I am using Mb1 opc server from geFanuc for modbus serial communication. My communication parameters are 9600,8,1,N (RTU) and Twido has modbus address 2. I am reading registers 400001 to 400008. I am using a coverter from RS485 to RS232, because Twido has RS485 port. If I connect Modicon momentum to this OPC server it work´s OK. What am I doing wrong? Edited by Marjan

I don´t know what else to try. Please help.

Twido has a limitation in the size of the modbus comm packet. So you must be sure that your OPC server is not trying to use a big comm. packet. Try to change the settings and limit the comm packet. I don't know if your OPC has this settings, but Kepserver OPC, for example, has this resource.

Of course you have set the Twido Port with the same parameters, is it? Check! So it means you have set the Twido port as Modbus link (not default Remote Link), is it? Are you using tha Twido port 1? If yes, normally you need to connect the PIN 5 (DPT) together with PIN 7 (COM) of the Mini-DIN both connected to the COM of the converter 485-232. Try and tell me what happens

The twido port 1 is set to Modbus and not to Remote link. And yes I have PIN5 and PIN7 on the MINIDIN together and connected to COM on the coverter from the start. I think Henrique is wright. Twido has a limitation in comm. packet.