Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeffKiper

1768 Selection guide

4 posts in this topic

Does anybody have a system qualifier for 1768 & 1769 systems? I have never put together a 1768 system so I haven't seen anything on the slots away from the processor. I found where I could use the L43 with (16) 1769 cards and (2) 1768 card. I just can't find out that goes where. I maybe over looking the forest because of all these leaves on the ground.

It's over here on the same tree, just higher up. The smaller (L23) and larger (L43) CompactLogix were added to the CompactLogix Selection Guide last year. Get the current copy of 1769-SG001 (revision " I ") from the Literature website and they'll be there. I prefer to have a paper copy of this document; it lends itself better to physical page-flipping than most.

Thanks Ken I will be doing some printing. It looks like the L43 will do (2) 1768 and (16) 1769 I/O cards. It looks like all the 1769 I/O rulls still apply to the right hand side of the processor. I need 11 cards so 8 max then a power supply, connection cable, Powersupply and more cards. Is that correct? I will do a load calculation and move the cards according to what the system needs. One thing I may have read over was. Does the any communication cards on the 69 side count toward the 2 communication cards limit. I read that on one of the documents I saw today. I thing it was a sales flyer that said up to 2 communication cards. I think they where talking about the 1768 side of things but I can't find it again. The cards I an thinking of are ASCII or Devicenet.

1769-SDN or -ASCII or -MVI modules are considered I/O cards, and are not part of the limit of 2 1768-series communication cards on the 1768 bus. Because they do consume a significant amount of I/O memory, there may be a limit to how many -SDN or -ASCII modules you can run with a CompactLogix CPU. If there is, that information will be in the Selection Guide.