Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bert3673

Panel View Plus Login audit results to SLC 5/05

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to track the user login information on my panel view plus terminals and save it to a string file in my SLC 5/05 . Rockwell tells me to use a logout macro in RSView ME to send the user data to the ST file. I have set up the ST file in the plc and there is data being written to the file when the user logs out, the only problem is that the macro is supposed to update the string information with the user that is logging out, but it only results with writing "DEFAULT" to the string location in the PLC. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? BTW I have also tried using the MACRO attached to the login function, but due to the timing it dosen't work either.

did you try to use Login macro instead Logout?

It is the login delay problem. As you login RSView will assign the previous system/User value which is "DEFAULT" in the the string in SLC. You can login the second time with the same user name and you should notice the string in SLC will be updated to the current user name. So your SLC is actually recording the user name of the previous user not the current user.

Here is the solution if you want to track the current user in the SLC. Here I'm using FTView Studio ME: 1. I create a common memory tag name call set_login. 2. I create 2 macro, 1 for login macro and the other for global macro. 3. The idea behind this is to use the 1 macro to initiate the second macro only after the system/User tag has been updated by the current user name. 4. I use the first macro as login macro which will set the set_login tag to 1. 5. When the set_login tag change to 1 it will trigger the global macro which will write the system/User tag value (now with the current user name) into the SLC string and reset the set_login to 0 ready for the next login. Hope this will solve your problem.

Suggestion: if you write user data in hmi memory tag, then create a macro who write user_data in hmi memory to plc memory. For get user data who have to trig the macro, easy way is to use remote macro in Global connection -> macro. You can set a bit in plc wait for timming and then read user data.

If you are using User Groups for Runtime Security login: Then you will have to implement a global macro, such as the previous replies suggested. The reason is because you can only configure one set of login/logout macros for the entire group, so you need a different method that uniquely writes values to the controller. Create a macro named "Macro1" that writes the user name to the controller, whenever a new user is logged in. You will also want to store the currently logged in username into a temp tag, such as an HMI memory tag ("HMITag_LastUser) If CurrentUserName( ) <> HMITag_LastUser Then CurrentUserName( ) Else HMITag_LastUser Login_Remote_Macro.bmp Define the Global Connection for "Remote Macro1" to trigger anytime a new user logs in. If CurrentUserName( ) <> HMITag_LastUser Then 1 Else 0 Login_Global_Connection.bmp If you have individual users configured in Runtime Security: Then use either/both the login/logout macros. The key there is to use a different macro for each user, and do not use the "CurrentUserName" or other security functions (the login/logout macros execute asynchronously to the login event, so you cannot be certain the security functions will be updated at that time). Instead, hardcode either the username or a numeric identifier into the macro and write that value to the controller. Login_Macro.bmp Let us know how it works out.

Thanks for the information. As usual RA information is very generic and dose not deal in specifics. I will give them a try and let you know which works out for my application. Robert