Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

APR FUNCTION

10 posts in this topic

Could someone post a example using the apr function. Manual is confusing. thanks

Try this utility out: Function Tool @ MrPLC.com

Aaahhhh!!! One of my favourite functions. Great for linearising anything. Use it on fuel tanks all the time. The example is very good.

Jay Could you post the help file for the utility? Thanks

There isn't one. This is just the beginning of a utility not quite finished.

jay it will be a very powerful utility when completed. Thanks

Now, just one for PID ...... yehah ! Don't you think that suh simple functionality should be included in CX-Programmer... As said, it would be nice to extend this to scaling and PID.... Perhaps another option would be to generate a text based mneumonic file with the ladder logic so it could be pasted in to CX-Programmmer.... so that all paramters could also be hardcoded in to the logic ... when setting up the APR for each paramter a Mov #1234 DM000 etc would be generated... The solution is simple but could add a lot of functionality..........

Yea, Personaly if I did not work for Omron, would contact them and try to sell it to them. Showed it to some reps today who I met that deal with allen bradley. did not tell them it was not complete, but was wanting to them to show me if you do a linear curve with the rxlogix as easy as with cx. As you know it got into one of the classic, omron vs AB, but they had no answer for the function. Of course i did not complete it, but just started it and wanted to know if they could it that easy in Rslogix. Sorta got one over on them.

Ok, all you VB programmers, maybe we ought to just put all the different functions that need this type of utility and dole out everybody a portion of it. I hate to tell you this, but this kinda thing gets done by Omron application engineers sitting in hotel rooms at night when they have already seen all the movies on HBO that week. Let's start a thread that lists a few ideas for expanding this utility. Those of you who have been programming Omron long enough know that the majority of the instructions are table based and just need a little help in entering the data in the right locations. If there is enough interest, perhaps we'll post the source code and make it either combo box based or tabbed frame based. Then each programmer could have his own frame and use a common download protocol. If I'm crazy, just tell me so.....

Happy to lend a hand Jay in the programming... Matt