Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest llrelease2

Problem Connecting to A870GOT

3 posts in this topic

I need to connect to a A870GOT in order to change the screens. I have tried using the A8GOTP and the GT Designer software and the AC30R2 cable which I purchased from Mitsubishi with many differenct COM port settings. Can anyone tell me which software I should use and the correct communications settings???? Need help fast!!!! :*-(

Let me guess... your PC and Windows are not obsolete. Problem is not the COM port or the cable. You can try (just for test purposes) to upload from your GOT870 using any software for 900 GOTs. You will see that GOT switches to transfer mode but no uppload occurs because software is not compatible. Bottom line is, you confirmed that cable and COM port are OK. Simplest way out is to shrink your existing partition and create small Fat16 partition and make dual boot with either Win3.1 or Win95 (I know - it sucks...). Another thing to consider is that new partition will have to be BEFORE your existing partition. If you are running NT based OS like WinNT, Win2k or WinXP you will have to edit your BOOT.INI to point to second partition BEFORE new partition is created or all your data including Windows are pretty much gone unless you have indepth knoweledge of filesystems and alternative boot media with loaded good diskeditor. Tip: - Backup your whole HDD using DriveImage before you repartition it with PQMagic. - When you install Win95, it is likely to freeze after first reboot. If that happens try to reboot into Safe Mode, goto Device Manager and remove some drivers like for HDD, FDD etc. It sounds scary (and it is) but it really only disables 'advanced' drivers. After reboot it will still work with slwer but compatible drivers. - You will have very hard time finding any drives (Video, CDROM, NIC...) but don't desper. You can still use your existing setup to EDIT files. You need Win95 only to DOWNLOAD. - Forget the whole thing and simply find some OLD laptop. It will probably be cheaper than buying DriveImage and PartitionMagic and you don't have to waste lot's of time to set everything up and risk your data. Check this out: http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/Web_Site_P...ftware-Versions Edited by panic mode

Thanks Panic Mode: You were correct that I needed a PC with windows 95. Also, I discovered that the cable that I purchased from Mitsubishi for connecting to the GOT was wired wrong. The A870GOT manual showed the necessary and pinout and cable part number, but the cable did not match. After switching to a Win 95 laptop and correcting the cable, it was very easy to upload the screens, make the desired changes, and download them back to the GOT. I had to update the bios and the OS in the process, but it was relatively straight forward. Thanks for your reply. It was key to solving my problem. Great post!!!!