Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevec

Help with 'search for origin' command on CP1L

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help on using the ORG(889) command on a CP1L M30 PLC. It's connected to a Smartstep A series servo drive and I can get it to move using the PLS2 command so I'm guessing the wiring is correct. I've spent a few hours trying to get the origin search to work but to no avail so I'm hoping someone can throw some light on it. I followed an example program from the manual but when I try it it just does nothing. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Edited by stevec

I'm assuming that you have all the wiring complete & correct? From the CP1 Operational manual, 0.06 is the Origin Input signal, and 0.10 is the Origin Proximity Input signal, do you have both of these wiring and working? So when you say nothing happens, you cannot see any pulses being output at all? Does W0.00 also enable the Smart Step drive? (I have not used the smart-step, so don't know how they need to be wired, but am assuming they need a run command also.) What book did you follow the example from? Your example is different to the one in the book that I have. Some more information about the complete setup could prove to be more useful

Thanks for the reply lostcontrol. I got the example from W462-E1-02, CP1L operation manual. The physical set-up is as follows: 0.00 - N/O aux from e-stop. 0.01 - N/O push button, for now being used to initiate the origin search. 0.02 - N/O push button, for now being used to initiate a fixed distance move. 0.06 - Z signal from drive. 0.10 - N/O home position sensor on axis. All above confirmed working (except 0.06 which shouldn't stop it moving as it showing as off when monitored) 100.00 CW pulse to drive. 100.01 CCW pulse to drive. 100.02 Run signal to drive 100.03 Alarm reset signal to drive 100.04 Deviation counter reset to drive. I've attached the program and the pages from the manual with the example I'm using. When the Estop is enabled (0.00), the drive powers up and holds position. When 0.02 is pressed, it works fine and the axis moves by the set number of pulses. When 0.01 is pressed it just sits there and does nothing, nothing is showing on the outputs either. Actually, In writing this, I've just realised that I haven't actually tested a CCW movement yet so that'll be the next thing I do when I get back to this tomorrow. Thanks in advance to anyone with any suggestions :) LWM01_001.zip CP1L_OperManual_extract.pdf

So it looks like you ahve everything as per the manual, it would be good to test the CCW direction also, but I think this would work if the CW does. How come you have not got the Limit's configured? I wouldn't think that this would affect the origin search though. Have you been able to test the input signals from the smartstep? Does the smart step have an origin search function when online to it? This may help to test the z-pulse? There is another flag, A280.04, which is pulses being output, you could try monitoring the status of this also. I am not sure if this is enabled when in origin search mode though. And just to be sure, you have cycled power when changing the origin setup settings? Edited by lostcontrol

I'll be able to try a CCW move tomorrow morning.. The reason the limits aren't configured is they haven't been installed - long story involving the designer trying to save cash by scrimping on sensors and I/O!! I told him I wouldn't be responsible if it crashed and destroyed something! I've been trawling the manual for more info and found this: I'm pretty sure the settings I have are valid but maybe I should set the "search/return initial speed" to a non-zero value just in case. I also just found the bit about the error code being stored in A444 so I'll check this as well - although I think I did check A280.07 which is the origin search error flag but it's worth doing again. Yes, I've cycled the power after changing settings, learnt that one the hard way on a CJ1M after many hours of head-scratching!! Thanks again for the comments, very much appreciated. Edited by stevec

OK, quick update on this. I got it working - first problem was in the in the settings I posted above, the limit input signal was NC, it should have been NO. After that and some frustration I figured out that the example in the manual was wrong, the ORG command needs to be an @ORG command, otherwise it keeps repeating itself. Thanks for reading and hopefully this thread will be useful to someone in future.