Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

iFix 2.1 upgrade to 5.0 any gotachas?

2 posts in this topic

I have an older app. installed in 1999, running on WinNt4.0, I want to upgrade to a new machine and OS. I assumed I could just buy a new PC, new software and then do a backup and restore of the application. Am I wrong, has anyone done the upgrade, are there any known issues? thanks, Ken

For iFIX software releases 2.6 and above, there are 3 different brands of hardware keys that are supported: Rainbow Sentinel Superpro; Aladdin M1 HASP, and Aladdin M4 HASP. Each of these keys has its own required drivers and installation requirements depending on the version of the iFIX software that is installed. So you are sure to need a new hardware key which will require you to trade in your existing key. i would recomend running Windows XP Pro with at least service pack 2. I would not run it as a service just drop it in the startup group. Prior versions of iFix have be a problem running as a service under windows. I have had mixed success with ifix 5.0 running as a service. you also may want to check the version of the driver your running for any updates.