Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jungler

ENI1761 module

9 posts in this topic

hi, guys I am trying to connect a SLC 5/03 to ethernet through ENI. I assigned the IP of ENI and configured message routing table by inputting SLC 5/03 IP address to the corresponding node, saved it and then cycled the power. The problem is that I just can find the computer and the ENI module through RSlinx, I cannot see SLC 5/03. Did I miss something in configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slc503??? or did you mean Slc505?

No, I think he means a SLC 5/03. If he had a 5/05, he probably would not need the 1761-net-eni...

Possibly a stupid question but did you enter the IP address into the Linx driver? There is no browse feature for Ethernet like DH+ or DH485.

Another thing that could prevent you from seeing a particular IP adress is how your Subnet mask is set up on your pc. If the IP adress of your ENI card is significently different from your pc the subnet mask may be blocking you. At Dos prompt type "ipconfig" to reveal the IP adress and Subnet mask of your pc. IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 for example a pc with a subnet mask like the one above will only see other IP adresses that are numbered 192.168.1 and the last 3 digits have to be between 0 and 255. If you think this could be the problem, temporaly change the IP adress of your pc to one that has the same first 7 digits as your ENI card and the last 3 to something between 0 and 255. This can be done thru Control Panel and Network connections. :-p

thanks all. i did everything you guys mentioned, assigned right IP and mask, configured driver in RSLinx, etc. but it still didnt work. is it because i made wrong configuration of message routing in ENI unitility, because i can see the module in RSlinx, but cannot see the PLC which communicates with ENI through RS232. i assigned the node number 2 to PLC via RSLogix and configured the IP of PLC in the message routing table: Destn Config IP Addr 2 102 192.168.200.3 PC 192.168.200.2 node 0 ENI 192.168.200.1 node 1 what is the problem??

Its been a while since I set up an ENI but, I set the IP, submask and disable BootP. I then configure the proper driver in RSLinx (Ethernet Devices) and set my PLC driver to AB-ETH. Hope this helps, Bob O.

I am assuming that you have your Ethernet Driver configured properly in RSlinx. Have you checked the baud rate on the channel your are using on the SLC 5/03 and is that channel also set for DF1 communications? I would set the baud rate on the PLC channel to 19200 and I don't believe the ENI can talk to it unless it is set for up DFI. I tried it DH485 when I bought the 4 I am using.

I had the same problem setting up my first one and found out if I remember correctly that having DF1 Passthrough enabled messed things up. Since then we have started using Lantronix Device Servers instead of the ENI modules and are able to browse an entire DH+ network and upload/download to SLC's and Panelviews using a single device server. Lantronix has great tech support and I had a lot smoother installation with their devices.