Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ex_ilustre

Wireless Devicenet - just asking

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a devicenet master and a wireless devicenet master(WD30-ME01). I have a slight prob...unfortunately the CONNECTOR for connecting wireless devicenet master to the devicenet master(connected to the PLC) is not included in the box upon purchasing. Is there an alternative way to replace the connector..or does it have a wiring configuration? Thank you.

You should purchase the correct cable, as well as a T adapter and Terminator if the is one end of the DeviceNet Trunk line. The DeviceNet network on the Slave side of the Wireless DeviceNet network has the same rules as the main trunk line. 2 Terminators, power supply, etc.

Yes you need to purchase the parts that PMCR showed you. For the IP20 kind of products delivers an open style connector free of charge. Be aware to terminate the DeviceNet correctly with 120 ohms resistors at both ends. Edited by René Heijma

Instead of using the DCN2-1, you could wire back to a DNC1-1/DCN1-3 and use the supplied terminating resistor. The DCN1-1/DCN1-3 are Top Hat DIN rail mountable, so will probably require mounting inside of a Junction Box or similar.

If you can't use the DCN2-1; use an M12 micro connector socket to wire to the Wireless unit, then complete network as required - including resistors! Edited by TK_STUART

Yes, the WD30 products are compatible with DRM21 (although you don't state which DRM21 you have, CJ1W-DRM21, CS1W-DRM21, CVM1-DRM21, C200H-DRM21). You will need to go through 3 steps to setup the network. Step 1. Enroll the slave nodes to the WD30S Step 2. Enroll the Wireless Slave to the Wireless Master Step 3. Enroll the Wireless Master to the DRM21. You will need to download the manual http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=...mp;showfile=898

The manual describes the setup procedure (Section 2-4), this is briefly described by PMCR above.

I followed the steps in section 2-4(Devicenet Slave Entry)..but in the last step..when I set the Mode Select Switch to "RUN".,the NS did not lit Green as expected. MS is Red and flashing and the Error Code is F3. What does this means? What the manual says about error code F3 is "check the switch setting and reset correctly" . Which Switch? What do I do?

I've figured it out. These are my settings: CJ1W-DRM21: Unit #: 00 Node Add: 00 WD30-ME01: NNODE:01 WNODE:02 WCH:03 WD30-SE01: NNODE:02 WNODE:02 WCH:03 Thank you PMCR and TK_STUART for the tip that I should start with the slave side..and follow section 2-4. It worked even without purchasing the connector...just belden wires with small ferrules that fits through the pins. Thank you guys. More power!!!