hosam

GE Fanuc problem

12 posts in this topic

hi every body i have an old machine with 90-30 ge fanuc plc and it is password protected we need to modify its program we can not make anew program because that will take much time. so is there any body has any idea to unlock its password? many thanks

There is no "backdoor" password for GE Fanuc PLCs. You will need to get the password from the builder of the machine.

I have similar this case i put password for our machine on December 2017

now we need modify /add in program but difficulty to enter it's  password

any one can help me ?

Is your problem that you can't remember the password you set back in 2017/ Or is it that you can't remember where in Proficy to enter the password for the access level you need?

Hi Steve,

I remember the password :DE94 level 4 and i am using it but currently the program refuse it

LM90 DOS

Are you sure you set the password for level 4 and not for OEM protection?

I'm also assuming you're not trying to use the colon ":" character as part of the password.

sorry i don't know about OEM protection, but i am sure set password for Level 4 with out :

created steps F2 config F3 status F2 password use up 4 then typing password and conform Y  

please check attached pictures  step for creating password we do it  inside my lab

in fact the machine are container terminal equipment we have 5 equipment ,corrected that to avoid confusion

we using PLC system GE series 9030 and my job responsible for software .

untitled.PNG

Edited by mohammed ye

According to what is showing on the screen you are currently at level 4 access. Are you trying to assign a Level 4 password to a PLC that currently doesn't use one? What message do you get when you press "Y" from the screen shown?

I think you need to stop the PLC in order to set a password. The password is part of hardware configuration and you have to stop the PLC to change hardware configuration.

sorry for giving you  a lack information because of I am not good in English very well . so the showing on the screen is example for creating ( password steps did it in my lab inside Workshop . Note : Not on the Equipment )  But in certainly ( Reality ) the Equipment problem I can't reach the password level 4 . 

Note : the program is not allow you to reach level 4 Because when I enter password DE94 gives wrong password ( Not allow ) .

Here are the 2 Questions : 

1- I Re installed the PLC program . Does It cause any problem to use password ? Note : Before installing the PLC program , We kept the folder LM90 then I re installed the program then Back the Original the folder LM90 to old Its position .

2- If someone guesses the password . Does the program get confusing later ? Note : When we check the program table fault , Found many / lots Times someone tried to access / Entered password . 

is there another solution to re set the password without removing battery backup Or Replacing power supply ? 

due to the Equipment always is operation and we don't need to lose the register / Data . 

thanks. 

Upload the program logic and reference tables from the PLC. Create a new project file and copy what you just uploaded to it. Manually configure the CPU settings and module information in the new project file. Download to a spare CPU and install it in place of the one currently working. Once you are satisfied that it is working properly you can clear the memory in the original.

1 person likes this

inside my lab

in fact the machine are container terminal equipment we have 5 equipment ,corrected that to avoid confusion