Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebu

Parameter passing in Intouch

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I need some clarification in parameter passing using Wonderware Intouch. I have more than 100 motors. I need to have a popup for 100 motors for providing Manual start and stop from operator station. Its not possible to create 100 pop screens for 100 motors which will be confusing. I would like to have one pop up screen which will serve for all 100 motors. I would like to know how the parameters can be passed to the popup by clicking the motors. Regards Sebastian C

You need to create some indirect tags for each function/display on the popup. I normally label them something like popAuto, popSpeed etc. You then need to substitute the names of the pop tags for the tags that you want to substitute with. You can add an action script to your motor object, something like popTagName.Name = Motor01.Name. Then in a 'on show' script for the popup window, add a script that completes the substitution. popAuto.Name = popTagName.Name + "_Auto". This is how I do it anyway. It does require your tag database to have consistent tagnames though, which one should be doing for a structured system.