Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebu

RSLinx Professional with Wonderware

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I am working for project execution where I need to get Data from RSView 32 to Wonderware, both are installed in different PCs in same network. I have RSLinx Professional in the PC where RSView 32 has been installed. Can I configure RSLinx professional as a OPC server to get datas to Wonderware. Can anyone guide me in this regard. Sebastian C

If both access the same network of PLCs it may be just as easy for a few points to add them to the device driver on the Wonderware machine.

I think to access RSLinx from another machine you need RSLinx Gateway. I don't think Professional can do that.

John is right. If one of the machines is running rslinx and you want to use it as an OPC server you need RSLinx Gateway version. My simple example was depending on each Pc having its own device driver accessing the same plcs.

RSLinx Classic Professional can provide Direct Driver or Local OPC service to RSView32 or any other program on the same PC. RSLinx Classic Gateway can provide Remote OPC service to OPC Clients, such as RSView32 or Wonderware, located on different computers that are accessible over a TCP/IP network. RSView32 itself can be a Remote OPC Server, with some considerations: It is mandatory to run the command RTDataServerOn in the RSView32 application to enable the OPC functionality. The OPC clients must be OPC 1.1 or 2.0 compliant. The computers running the OPC clients must have sufficient Windows security privileges to be allowed to connect to the RSView32 computer. This can be accomplished by use of a Windows domain. If using a workgroup, all computers must have identical usernames and passwords. At a minimum users must have full control of the RSView32 project directory. Your request to "please send more details" must be answered with "please ask a detailed question". Both RSLinx Classic and RSView32 have detailed User Manuals and a very large installed base. If you have a specific question or cannot find the Help files yourself, please post a specific request.