Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MPM

NQ Designer bug report & improvement request

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Just checked out the new sw V1.1 version from the new European NQ series HMI terminals. I found it on myomron.com It is much better and much more stable than earlier versions. They even added 2 portrait models to their portfolio for 5.7 ". Also they added a driver for a new line of PLC called CP1E. Edited by MPM

Luckily I'm registered so I have a go at that one. Thanks for the tip.

Considering, that fact that I have not received answers to the questions on other channels, I publish them here. I have some questions on NQ-Designer: 1) Who wrote this software? The student? I did not work for a long time with a software for Windows in which there is no possibility to move Toolbars. Will it be corrected? 2) Who has guessed to arrange text properties in a screen bottom? In NS-Designer text properties at the top of the screen, in MS Word, Excel at the top of the screen … In NQ-Designer in the bottom of the screen. Bent for of originality? Will it be corrected? 3) Why in "modern" terminal NQ it is impossible to place Numerical Data Display over the button, and in very old terminal NT21 it is possible? Will it be corrected? 4) Why in "modern" terminal NQ there is no possibility to establish a transparency of a background of object, for example for object TEXT? In NT21 it is supposed. Will it be corrected? I have more questions concerning "modern" terminal NQ but let’s begin with it.
1 person likes this

I think I will await some service packs before trying this release .... no use anyway cause the delivery of Ethernet enabled NQ terminals has been postponed until 1st quarter 2010... for like the 10th time

Sorry, but what for is Ethernet necessary in low-cost PT? Decisions on the basis of Ethernet very much not the cheap. And if it is required Ethernet to take better NS5 – on the complete price set it will not strongly be reflected. And NS is NS, though the moment of transition from NS5-SQ00 to NS5-SQ10 has very upset me. Edited by nid2009

I like ethernet for easy remote download by internet and locally without having to pass through the PLC. I don't have the pricing yet of the Ethernet models... On the large projects where we have 10-40 panels the savings can be just enough.

Well, I have a few issues: - Font settings not adjustable in alarm screen (default font is way to small) - Alarm text can't be longer than 40 characters More to come ;)

Attached improvement list was submitted to Omron software team a while ago. NQ_Designer.pdf

I am on my second project using the NQ5 series HMI although they are cheap they could make up for lack of functionality with a few tweaks Vertical Property on Text and display objects More math complex operations on numeric displays (eg. First operation tag 1 * tag 2) Text on bar Graph bars (Vertical) More than 4 bars on a multi bargraph Transparency on all objects Be able to draw a grid / table without using loads of line objects Hope they will consider these :)

Also very annoying is that if i use a user defined image for multiple button/graphic objects on the same page, even though its the same image used multiple times NQ designer duplicates it in the picture folder and it is now getting very bloated! Very Very annoying is Advanced picture Animation! If set to show when OFF it shows until specified tag goes ON but then does not reappear when tag goes OFF again If set to show when ON it does not show at all!! :( Edited by screaminlean

Has anyone experienced a problem with the StartIndex error in NQ Designer. When I try to open the project in NQ Designer (2.11) I get the error shown in the attachment. Everything was ok with the project file and suddenly I can not load it anymore!? My OS is Windows 7 64bit if it matters. Thanks! NQ Error - StartIndex.bmp Edited by mikan2000