Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJR

crazy HMI clock

22 posts in this topic

I have a Beijer(Mitsubishi) E910T HMI panel that has a fast running clock. Any idea what could be causing this? In real life when 35 seconds on a accurate clock passes, 1 minute has gone by on the HMI. I would like to use the time channels to turn an output on at midnight on the machine but the clock will be too far ahead. I'm kind of new to Mitsubishi so I am going to start searching how to do this inside the PLC. For a FX0 processor, what command would I use to turn an output on from 12am to 4pm every day?

You should use this command structure in your program: LD>= D8014 K12 AND< D8014 K16 OUT Y... Also you should remember, if you have synchronized HMI clock with PLC clock that you need to insert the function block for daylight saving time in you program. Edited by Inntele

Not sure the old FX0 had a real time clock. The newer models would.

Thank you again Sorry, you are right, it has not RTC. Therefore it's impossible to synchronize HMI clock with PLC clock and to use the program fragment above. Edited by Inntele

What is the function block for daylight savings time and where do I find it. I was under the assumption that you had to write code to achieve daylight savings. I use FX3U PLC's. Thanks, plcdp

No problem. I have two IEC Developer FB's for this purpose. Both is written by me, therefore you couldn't find them anywhere. You can get their together with my comments, if you'll send your e-mail onto my e-mail, which you could find in my profile Additionally, could you specify the date/time to change between time "winter" and "summer" which valid for USA , because I seems it's different from European? Edited by Inntele

Thanks for the ideas. I just looked for about 20 mintues for a manual on the E910T but couldn't find one. I'll go see if I can find a battery on it. If there is no RTC, how much time can a timer count up to? I figured every time 3600 seconds go by I can increment a counter and have the output on for the right range of counts for each hour until 24 hours goes by and the counter resets. Or have to do 60 seconds and count minutes and hours. I forgot how nice it is to have a RTC in most PLCs

A 100ms timer can do 3600 (36000). Or you could just use the second pulse (M8013) and increment a regular dataregister for seconds. When it hits 3600 increment another register for hours and so on.... You can basically make a "slow-timer" by doing this

Dear 'kaare_t', may be you a little bit know Sweden and could translate this Beijer remark onto English Batteri i E-serien Det finns inget batteri i E300-E910 som i MAC50/MAC90 men man får byta ut realtidsklockan, dvs den svarta klumpen komponent IC23 som är monterad i en sockel på nyare terminaler på de gamla är de lödade direkt på CPU kortet, hålmonterat. I de nyare modellerna sitter "batteriet" (RTC) med en sockel samt buntband och är lätt att byta. Artikel nr på RTC-klockan är 321099910 och det är samma "batteri" (RTC) till bägger versioner men rekommendationen är att lämna in terminalen till vår serviceavdelning om ni inte har kunskap om att löda på hålmonterade kort. Notera att terminal men föråldrat batteri tappar sitt projekt vid spänningsbortfall. Livslängden på ett sådant batteri är 10 år vid 25°C. Gäller terminaltyperna E300, E410, E600, E610, E615, E700, E900, E910 Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Battery for the E-Series There is no battery in the E300-E910, you have to replace the realtimeclock - the black component "IC23" - which is mounted in a socket on the CPU card. On some older versions they are soldered directly on the CPU Card. Article number for the RTC-clock is 321099910 which applies to both the old and the new versions. If you are not familiar with soldering on CPU cards we recommend to ship the unit to Beijer Electronics's Service Dept. Note that when the terminal battery is very low, the project memory may be erased in the event of a power disruption. The lifetime for such a battery is 10years @ 25degrees C. Applies to terminals E300, E410, E600, E610, E615, E700, E900, E910 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- A very fast translation.... Let me know if any of the sentences are "non-understandable"

Super! Edited by Inntele

I have decided to publish the FB for daylight saving time in the separate theme. It will be valid for US rule from 2007. If anybody would like to get such FB for the other rules which valid in his country, write please

I posted code for GX Developer for Daylight Savings Time in the Downloads section here years ago. I never wrote it as a function block, since in the US most people don't use GX IEC Developer. This will change with GX Works2, but over time...

Hello, I tried to download the sample code you wrote for the daylight savings time, but it won't open for me....is the file corrupt or am I doing something wrong? Thanks, plcdp

Thanks for the reply, however I program with gx developer and know nothing about function block. Thanks, plcdp

No problem If you send me your e-mail, I'll send you GX Developer project version directly (Because I don't want to publish it).

File's not corrupt, I downloaded and checked. Might be a newer version of GX Developer than you have. I'll print to PDF and repost it.

Thanks very much plcdp

Dear 'Crossbow', it's important: 1) 'plcdp' wrote that he uses FX3U-serie, your program is written to Q-series; 2) I have looked on your program, of course it works but only in case if PLC passes DST points in RUN mode. In real applications often is important that the clock would always show current time exactly, even if at changeover points the PLC was in STOP mode or has stayed without power supply... Edited by Inntele

I understand he was using FX3U. Logic is same, but command is TRD not DATERD and TWR not DATEWR. I assumed the example of how it's done would get him moving in the right direction. I don't have time to write the same example over and over again for each PLC type. True, my logic is written for a PLC which is powered up and running at the time of change. Never said it would fit all applications. That's why it's called an example.

Thanks for the help. Yesterday afternoon I had some time to add in some function blocks using the M8013 to start it all off counting. Seems to be working just fine. So I am new to Mitsubishi and function blocks but struggled through this without much problem. But I need a reference for all of the funtions. My IEC Dev does not have the help file installed and I struggled to figure out which version of a FB I needed. Like a MOVE or a Pulse has different versions of the same command. I had to experiement which one to use also that the autoconnect mode would recognize since I don't trust myself to know what blocks can connect together yet. I found this following link and it will help if I get stuck with the idea of this programming structure that is new to me, but it does not have the functions listed in it with descriptions what they do and what is expected or allowed on all the inputs and outputs of the FB... http://www.meau.com/Files/IB_NA_43596-L.PDF Can anybody point me to a reference manual for all of the functions? They probably are somewhat dependent on the PLC I'm using so I need for the A2 series and FX0 FX2 series.

From Beijer (our local distributor) site. You can probably find this in Mitsubishi's site too: http://www.beijer.no/web/web_aut_no.nsf/do...125728E005C5358 This is the reference manual, and chapter "E" has all the normal instructions. For CPU specific instructions, get the reference manual for the specific CPU.