Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mouldedstu

A2Ncpu

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys ive recently came across a machine with an unfamiliar , to me , plc . its a mitsubishi a2ncpu . can anyone tell me what leads i will need to connect to it adn also what programme to use for it . ive got medoc 2.4 but no manual ( dont know if its ok for it anyway) so if any one has a manual i would be gratefull aswell . thanks for any help or advice stuart

MEDOC 2.4 or GX Developer can program it. Manuals are online at Mitsubishi's website. Standard SC09 programming cables work fine. Keep in mind too that 10" A Series family was completely discontinued in 2006. It should be upgraded to a Q.

thanks crossbow, do you know if its much of a job to change to anewer series . dont they make any spares at all now then stuart

A2N is from the late 80s. The entire platform was finally obsoleted in 2006. If someone has stock, you can go that route, but production was stopped. GX Developer can convert the program from A to Q. Then there is a free software tool to compare the old and new programs and flag any potential issues for editing.

thanks for the advice i think ill look into it , might be worth changing especially if i can check it first thanks again stuart