Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

cool video

9 posts in this topic

Very cool video!! Watch (and listen) as 3 gears mounted to 3 carriages on a shared linear motor base are meshed together and moved synchronously at speeds of 300, 3000 and 6000 rpm. This system consists of a Mitsubishi Q series PLC, a motion control card and 6 axes of MR-J3 servo amplifiers communicating over fiber optics using the SSC-NET protocol. plcdp

Wow! Way Cool!

Jeez, that's awesome! I wonder how many of those color gears the destroyed programing that thing :-P

That is the first thing I said when I saw it! Either that or the gears are made of foam or something like that. plcdp

I've seen the demo in person at a trade show, and I assure you those gears are hard plastic. And they never touch each other. Linear motors synchronized with rotaary motors at high speed, it's quite a demo. The wind noise is loud in the 6000rpm mode...

That's excellent. A fine showcase for what this kit can do.

Very very cool demo. Having said that, this can be accomplished using normal asynchronous motors using the Danfoss SyncPos option card. Done the same sort of sync using 4 2-pole motors, syncing all the way to 4400 rpm and down again.

Good job really cool